The White House on Thursday rebuffed a report by The Wall Street Journal claiming Saudi and UAE leaders declined calls with Joe Biden amid the Russia-Ukraine-oil crisis.
Saudi and Emirati leaders rejected requested phone calls with Joe Biden, The Wall Street Journal reported.
“There was some expectation of a phone call, but it didn’t happen,“ a US official told the WSJ of the planned discussion between the Saudi Prince Mohammed and Biden. ”It was part of turning on the spigot [of Saudi oil].”
“Mr. Biden did speak with Prince Mohammed’s 86-year-old father, King Salman, on Feb. 9, when the two men reiterated their countries’ longstanding partnership. The U.A.E.’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the call between Mr. Biden and Sheikh Mohammed would be rescheduled.” The Wall Street Journal reported.
TRENDING: BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden Firm Rosemont Seneca Invested in Firm Tied to Ukrainian Biolabs
Jen Psaki said The Wall Street Journal’s report is just not true.
“There were no rebuffed calls – Period,” Jen Psaki said during a White House briefing on Thursday.
“If the Crown Prince had been at any of the global events that the president recently attended, I’m sure he would have engaged with him, but he was not,” Psaki said.
WH Press Sec. Jen Psaki says reports of Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman declining a call from President Biden are false:
“There were no rebuffed calls, period.” pic.twitter.com/nxbW2oEbnK
— The Recount (@therecount) March 10, 2022